Membership Manager – position filled
The hospitality sector significantly contributes economically and socially to society. This association is fighting its corner, supporting the strategic challenges it faces, helping members and sector to grow.
This exciting and varied Membership Manager role sits within the membership team, reporting directly to the COO. For the right candidate there is opportunity to progress in a growing structure.
We seek an individual that thrives on building strong relationships, is good at understanding members needs and keeping them engaged, and has experience in recruiting new members.
With a membership base of 500 businesses, the primary responsibility is to implement a one-to-one business development strategy, coupled with targeted recruitment within key segments.
Key responsibilities include
- Development and execution of a membership recruitment, retention and engagement strategy
- Increase member offer awareness and support the uptake of benefits and services
- Be the key point of contact for membership inquires
- Assist in the membership renewal process
- Support in the promotion and delivery of the associations strategic objectives
- Support research initiatives and programmes
- Development of new services/benefits for members
- Develop and manage regional engagement through committees, webinars, events etc.
- Review engagement and work with policy groups for effective engagement
- Development of the CRM and member portal
- Reporting of member engagement
- Build strategic relationships and partners with key industry bodies, agencies and vendors
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant political, local and international industry developments
- Represent the Association at industry events and other meetings
In return, the successful candidate will benefit from an excellent package including 28 days leave, 5% employee pension contribution, private healthcare and a season ticket loan (after 3 months) and a varied and rewarding role in a vibrant working environment.
Key skills for this role will be
- Previous experience of working in a membership organisation
- Good business sense and a proven track record
- Highly motivated and work on own initiative
- Experience/application of strategic business development
- Good communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects & plenty of drive
Please apply with a CV and a short cover letter.
Looking to recruit?
Membership Matters has been recruiting top talent into the membership and association sector since 2010. We specialise in placing senior positions, the CEO’s, Directors and Managers; those extraordinarily people that make a deep impact that spreads into industries and associations.