Marketing & Communications Manager (Membership) position filled
Marketing & Communications Manager (Membership)
Professional membership body for individuals in the automotive industry based in Hertfordshire seeks influential Marketing & Communications Manager to create, manage and execute their organisational multi-channel marketing and communication strategy.
Our client is the leading global community for automotive professionals and the authoritative source of careers information in the industry, with their work opportunities reflecting this wide range of interests and responsibilities.
Are you passionate about driving innovation, employment and economic growth in the motor industry? Are you looking for an exciting fast-paced role managing a wide range of marketing activities? Our client is looking for a leader to drive content-focused campaigns and deliver ambitious membership targets through engaging communication and marketing strategies.
Membership experience is a must for this rewarding role, ideally suited to a proven marketing manager or a marketer with strong technical and strategic ability looking to take their next step.
In return you will be working in a dynamic role with excellent benefits including:
• 25 days annual leave plus b/h
• 8% pension contribution
• Private healthcare with BUPA and/Medicash
• Two paid volunteer days p/a
• Death in service benefit x3 annual salary
• Training and development opportunities
Purpose of Role
To create, manage and execute the organisational multi-channel marketing and communication strategy, including events and to ensure business wide objectives are met. To also lead a team of 5 direct reports and work with senior managers to establish our client’s status as the primary professional association for individuals in the automotive sector.
- Creation, execution and management of the client’s multi-channel marketing & communications strategy to realise organisational business objectives.
- To propose concepts for all assigned projects ensuring that there is a clear and detailed plan to take from conception through to delivery.
- Develop segmented, persona based marketing activities for more effective member recruitment, engagement and retention initiatives.
- Develop content focused campaigns, ensuring event value propositions are succinct and resonate with the market.
- Develop tactical marketing plans based on commercial and customer insight to achieve revenue and goals for assigned events.
- Be the commercial lead for assigned event(s) taking full responsibility to achieve the highest possible results with support from the events team.
- Help, guide and support the marketing team across their projects, sharing knowledge and information, creating a strong environment for learning, growth and success.
- Build and grow digital marketing skills across the team.
- Managing relationships with external suppliers, design services including print production as well as internal relationships to ensure successful project delivery.
- Oversee the review and update the client’s collateral and materials (e.g. member welcome packs, corporate brochures etc).
- Utilise analytical tools to inform and identify the best channel mix to achieve commercial and strategic goals and the best possible ROI on campaign spend.
- Securing positive exposure for the client’s products within all media through the creation of case studies and comment.
- Analyse results of all marketing campaigns & trials, identifying strengths and weaknesses, recommending developments and improvements as necessary to closely tailor the marketing mix to the segment.
- To re-engineer processes to improve cost efficiency.
- Ensure all staff have regular performance reviews.
- Hold regular team briefings and meetings that embrace feedback and the sharing of ideas.
Knowledge & Skills
- A proven track record in Marketing, with direct proven track record in event promotion and/or the business to business environment
- Proven membership experience, delivering membership growth, engagement and retention
- Experience of managing a small team
- Research and strategic planning experience with a proven ability to investigate, evaluate and analyse information to produce actionable insight to agreed deadlines
- Strong copywriting skills
- Clear drive to exceed KPIs and deliver consistent revenue and customer growth through an always-on marketing approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to proactively network across functions and influence at all levels.
- Great project and time management skills
- Great negotiation and collaboration skills
- Customer focused; understands the needs of internal and external customers, responds promptly and ensures the customer is at the forefront of their thinking
- Commercial awareness – is able to context insight and recommendations through a good understanding of business drivers and dynamics
⇒ Sign up to the newsletter at the bottom of this page to see more opportunities like this one
If you have relevant experience, and are both innovative and strategic, we would love to hear from you. No agencies please.
Looking to recruit?
Membership Matters has been recruiting top talent into the membership and association sector since 2010. We specialise in placing senior positions, the CEO’s, Directors and Managers; those extraordinarily people that make a deep impact that spreads into industries and associations.