Director of Membership – position filled
This is an exciting opportunity to join a strong and ambitious team in new modern offices, initially a 12-month contract with potential to go permanent. A salary up to £70k, based in Reading with flexible working and an excellent benefits package. The role offers autonomy and the opportunity for the right candidate to make it their own.
If you have been through a change in career, you may know how challenging it can be. Our client helps resource and support that change for its members, with impartial, free advice that provides real value to peoples lives.
is moving towards an effective member-centric and commercial model. The association have a large pool of active members, coupled with rich insights that can inform strategy. Though still in the early stages of forming a new membership offer that will continue to evolve, it is now time for innovation and development.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to be part of the new vision and support that journey to launching a new membership programme.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the CEO. This exciting Director of Membership role will work collaboratively to design, build, and launch a new attractive membership programme.
The Director of Membership will need to bring the right skills to progress programmes and initiatives from design to implementation, whilst working closely with other departments. Experience of the Armed Forces would be desirable though not essential.
You will need to:
- Create a membership scheme based around providing employment services to members
- Ensure that a new membership scheme is financially viable and decide on a pricing model based on evidence and insights
- Support the transformation of the organisational culture to focus on delivery of commercial services and a paid membership scheme
- Develop data insights from member behaviours to help refine the services
- Develop programmes, initiatives, services and policies designed to recruit and retain members
- Promote high quality recruitment services such as one-to-one career counselling, sector specialism, events, networking and jobs boards
- Input into and own budget responsibilities
- Develop commercial relationships with employers to support their recruitment needs
- Build on future income generation
- Support ongoing digital infrastructure investments including the jobs board, web portal and other data projects (i.e. Salesforce platform)
- Have the ability to make strong connections between ideas, people and organisations
- Lead on membership growth
As well as joining an association that is making a real difference to its users, you will receive an excellent package and have access to a wide range of benefits. These include:
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Defined pension contributions
- Death in Service benefit of three times annual salary
- Group Income Protection Plan of 75% of annual salary
- Interest free season ticket loans
⇒ Sign up to the newsletter at the bottom of this page to see more opportunities like this one
If you have relevant experience, and are both innovative and strategic, we would love to hear from you. No agencies please.
Looking to recruit?
Membership Matters has been recruiting top talent into the membership and association sector since 2010. We specialise in placing senior positions, the CEO’s, Directors and Managers; those extraordinarily people that make a deep impact that spreads into industries and associations.