Business Development Manager – contract – Position Filled
This vibrant professional membership body is looking for a business development manager to come and join them. This is for someone that is a bit of a driving force, generating and closing current member acquisitions and other sales related leads. The role sits at the heart of the organisation working closely with the membership team and reports directly to the General Director.
Key parts of the job is to:
- Identify sales leads (new members), pitch services and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts
- Following up new business opportunities, of which there are plenty and set up new meetings/opportunities
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new developments to prospective clients and convey the good work the association does in terms of advocacy.
- Sharing best practice and understand business needs to offer the best possible resources where needed
- Work alongside senior management to decide target audience and always follow up/log activity in the CRM system.
Development opportunities are endless for anyone that would like progress their selling, negotiating, relationship building skills in an association that is making a real difference.
We’re looking for applicants with:
- Good business sense and a proven track record
- Experience/application of strategic sales principles
- Good communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- & plenty of initiative
9 months contract, salary:
Basic salary is £40k pro rata, OTE (On Target Earnings) £50k (pro-rata) with an uncapped incentive. Flexible working is also available.
Apply here by the 5th of January or contact us on email@example.com
Looking to recruit?
Membership Matters has been recruiting top talent into the membership and association sector since 2010. We specialise in placing senior positions, the CEO’s, Directors and Managers; those extraordinarily people that make a deep impact that spreads into industries and associations.